International Culture Club

Ella Luckey, Staff Writer

The International Cultural Club will have a meeting the  first week of the month of December, in Ms. Glory Lin’s classroom in C115  at Lone Star High School. Since they won’t meet on the last  Thursday  of the month of November, due to  Thanksgiving break. The Cultural Club will talk about their next theme for the next Cultural meeting.

The Cultural Club usually meets the last Thursday of the month, and for the months of November and December the members decided to combine  the meetings in the first week of  the December.

“The purpose of the club is to promote the awareness of different cultures and appreciation,”  director Glory Lin said.

The cultural club will be having an African theme on the first  meeting in  December.This club  focuses on giving respect and value to each student’s culture also encouraging students to learn about other cultural practices and ideas.

“We have a lot of activities to do on every meeting and one of the activities we’re doing is making  origami,” club leader Shazneen Dimani, 2015, said.

The club is exploring some different cultural activities that let other members learn something all members of the club. This will bring the members closer, while sharing different kinds of ideas for  their  annual festival activities at the end of the school year.

“Everyone is welcome to join and experience different kind of cultural activities,” Ms. Lin said.