The Beginning Of Fun Fridays

Fernanda Herreria

On Friday, October 26th, the LSHS Student Council hosted a pumpkin decorating activity to promote the first of many “Fun Fridays” that will take place this year.

“Students must be passing to be eligible to participate, so this creates motivation for students to do well in classes.  This is a great way to meet new people, relieves stress and gets students out of their normal daily routine,” Mrs. Ray, the Student Council director, said.

This is a brand new activity that the LSHS Student Council created to bring the school together and promote spirit in enjoyable ways.

“It’s a perfect way to have a creative activity to do during school and a great way to promote school spirit,” Jaden Johnson, 2022, said.

Many students showed up to the activity in the courtyard. They were each given a free pumpkin and were provided with supplies to decorate their pumpkin.

“We had about ninety-two kids show up which was great.  Students were able to enjoy the outdoors, take away a project and interact with each other,” Ray said. “We had some students who weren’t in Student Council who were present too, so it was a great way for those students to get involved in another club.”

This was only the first of the many planned events;  the club plans on hosting at least two events each month with many fun activities for students to enjoy.

“Future Fun Fridays include activities like making spirit bottles and signs, coloring books, a dance class and many more fun things,” Paola Russe, 2019, said.

Students are looking forward to future “Fun Friday” events to get involved with the school and enjoy their Friday afternoons.

“Fun Fridays will be a great addition to our school because they give students a chance to make new friends and is something the student body can look forward to during long weeks,” Russe said.