Orchestra and Guitar Concert

Isabel Parker, Staff Writer

The Advanced Guitar group and Orchestra at Lone Star High School has been preparing and working hard for the upcoming concert on Tuesday, Nov. 4th. The students have been practicing everyday to perfect their pieces and make sure they are ready for the concert.

Instruments take a lot of time to learn and perfect, so it is not surprising that students spend huge amounts of time working on their pieces.

“I practiced as much as I could on the trouble spots of the pieces” Sivani Eluri, 2017, said.

For some students it is their first concert, while others are seasoned veterans.

“I’m excited to play a piece with chamber orchestra, I practiced everyday for an hour.” Richi Konda, Class of 2018, said.

Others are at ease with the idea of performing in front of people because they have been doing it since they were in middle school.

“I have been in orchestra since 6th grade,” Laya Rao, 2017, said.

Although all the students are excited about the concert itself, many are looking forward to another part; food.

“Performing and eating are my favorite things about concerts,” Rao said.

The concert comes just in time for the fall season, which is why the theme of the concert is ‘Barnyard’.

“The theme matches the theme of our pieces and gives us a ‘fall vibe,’” Eluri said

Most of the students think that the theme gives a unique twist to the traditional black setting of concerts.

“I think the theme is great because we don’t have to always be in formal black outfits,” Rao said.