National Honor Society

Brenda Maradiaga, Staff Writer

The Monday returning from Spring Break current sophomores and juniors eligible to join the National Honor Society received a manila packet with information concerning how they can be a part of this organization. All packets are due at 4:10 this Friday and must be turned into either Mrs. Leonard or Ms. May.

“I think it’s an amazing and prestigious organization to be a part of, which promotes stewardship, leadership, and giving back,” Toni DeGraff, 2016, said.

This application packet will not contain a letter of recommendation but will consist of two essays the personal narrative and a service project proposal.

“I want to join because it looks good on college applications and I look forward to the service hours,” Kila Curran, 2016, said.

The National Honor Society was in charge of the Food Drive this school year during the holidays and it was a success.

“This works as a way for many hard working students at LSHS to come together and work to volunteer,” DeGraff said.

Many of current members encourage future possible members to join for the upcoming school year in order to better service projects and get more involved.

“I would encourage it because it lets people know your school thinks highly of you,” Haley Walker, 2016, said.